Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Artist Statement

For as long as I can remember there has been a camera at every family gathering, sports game, dance recital, school event, ect. I developed my interest in film-making from watching these home movies and having a desire to make them more interesting and artistic.

I take inspiration from everything from classic Hollywood films to homemade YouTube videos. Characters are a driving force in what inspires my work as well. A picture can create a mood and feel of a story, but it is the characters that truly bring the story to life.  

As a filmmaker my goal is to entertain my audience by bringing them into the world of my characters. Color, lighting, movement, and music are tools I love to use because they are elements that have always captured my interest in other films.

No comments:

Post a Comment